Who we are and what we do
SimStaff is a leading provider of high-quality: Event, Marketing and Staffing services within the Sim Racing and Esports industry. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver high-quality products and services due to our innate Sim Racing knowledge.
Who are we looking for?
Acting as the backbone of all our events, the Event Technician is responsible for ensuring the maintenance, running, and troubleshooting of equipment through events. The Event Technician will liaise directly with the Event Manager, ensuring a smooth running of the process and dealing with any issues faced during an event (Such as; Game Crashes, Firmware Updates, and Sound issues). It is a role suited for those with enjoyment in solving problems whilst engaging with the public.
- Ensuring all equipment is fully operational ahead of events.
- Troubleshooting any problems that arise during the event.
- Monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency and maximize deliverable outputs.
- Reporting any major issues to the Event Manager.
- Ensuring customers are comfortable with their equipment.
- Setting up, running, and packing down event equipment and reporting back on how events went.
Skills you will have
- A strong technical background in (ideally) PC or Console based gaming.
- An eye for detail – if there’s a regular problem, want someone that can tell us so we can fix it!
- The ability to travel, including international destinations – On a case-by-case basis.
- Experience in Sim Racing is a must.
- Ability to engage at a senior level, both internally and externally.
- A social and charismatic personality, with the confidence to engage with customers.
- A background and/or certification in Project management is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit applications.simstaff.net.